Data Driven Components
These Components allow you to configure content that can be changed without having to re-publish the app.
Source Types for Feeds
When creating Feeds in the Umajin Cloud/Dashboard there is a dropdown headed 'Source Type' to allow for different types of data sources. Select from csv, xml, rss, jsn, product_list, Twitter, Facebook Posts, Facebook Events and a new source type called Cloud Folder.
If you navigate to the folder called 'Cloud' in your app, you can put files/folders into it and then save so the files are uploaded. When you are creating the Feed you can either leave the 'Source URL' blank or put a subfolder into the source URL panel.
- Navigate to the 'Cloud' folder in your app, add a folder called 'Presentations' and inside that create a file called 'intro.pdf'.
- Save Umajin App Creator.
- In your Dashboard for that app, under Dynamic, Feeds, create a new Feed with the 'Source Type' selected as 'Cloud Folder'.
- If you then enter 'Presentations' into the 'Source URL' panel you will get just the files from that subfolder.
- Click Save
- Now click 'Save and Refresh JSON from URL' .
- You should now have a Feed with several columns of data (name, bytes, ext, url)